When you are thinking of selling your home, don’t forget these five easy tips to help the process go smoothly…
1. Check the local market to give yourself an idea of what price point you should be at before setting your target selling price. This is best done by consulting the larger housing portals or a local real estate agency to see what similar properties’ asking prices are for the same typology and location.
2. It is vital that you keep your home clean and tidy up properly before receiving potential buyers. Clutter just makes your rooms appear smaller than they really are. Clear all surfaces and remove as many personal items as you can. Buyers want to imagine themselves in your home – so make this easy for them. Many people are buying into a new lifestyle when they are house hunting. Make your home feel welcoming, fresh and airy. Open up the windows and allow as much light into each room as you possibly can.
3. Other small details that will add value to your home when you are selling include touching up paint work where necessary. Always have any brightly coloured walls re-painted in neutral tones when you have your house on the market, it makes rooms look larger and will appeal to a wider audience. Lift old or dirty carpets & consider small bathroom and/or kitchen updates if needed. It may help a sale along more quickly! But before you invest in this, check that it will compensate you by knowing what additional value you will gain on the sale price after work is done.
4. As the market has not completely come out of the downturn – due in part to high interest rates and the difficulty in getting bank loans approved – it is necessary to be prudent when setting your target selling price. As there is a lot of offer, a high price may inhibit your best efforts and deter potential buyers.
5. Don’t buy your next home until you have sold the one you own now. You run the risk of not being able to sell yours quickly and may have to accept an inferior price offer in order to conclude a quick sale.
Lastly, make sure you employ a professionally registered estate agent to market your home. They are trained to offer you the best advice and equipped to handle difficulties that may arise.
We offer a professional appraisal service along with a professional photographic session – call us on +351 21 486 7767 or email: email@example.com to book an appointment for one of our consultants to visit your home and give you a no obligation estimate of your home’s worth.
To see our portfolio of properties visit our us at www.nduni-property.pt